St. Jude's Church, Garden Valley, Idaho
The inside our our Church
ST. JUDE'S HISTORY
The church of St. Jude's in Garden Valley was originally called Immaculate Conception Church. It was under this name that the church was first constructed on this site starting in 1889 and completed in 1892. The original church, of which we have no photographs, burnt down in 1930 due to an overheated stove. A new church with the current name was constructed starting in 1931 and completed in 1932 and placed under the patronage of St. Jude. The current church cost $2200 to build and has a seating capacity of 64. Since 1901, the needs of Catholics in the valley have been served by priests from Boise or neighboring parishes on a recurring basis. Extensive repairs were completed on the church building in 1980 and subsequently a parish hall was added along with a well.
The main church building has now been renovated (Summer 2018). The exterior completely removed and redone. The roof has been redone as well.